Charles L. Smith was born in Columbus, Ohio, and graduated from the University of Charleston and Morris Harvey College. He then attended dental school at West Virginia University and completed a General Practice Residency at Charleston Area Medical Center. He acquired the practice of Dr. Donzie Lilly in 1985. Dr. Smith was the managing partner at Smith and Smith Dental for 23 years, prior to the dissolution of the practice.
Charles L. Smith, DDS is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- American College of Dentists
- International College of Dentists
- Academy of Operative Dentistry
- Charleston Dental Study Club
- West Virginia Dental Association
- Kanawha Valley Dental Study Club
- Kanawha Valley Implant Study Club
Dr. Smith has served on the Board of Trustees for the American Dental Association, representing Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee, and West Virginia. He currently serves on the Foundation Board of Directors for the American Dental Association.